Louise M. Berman Fellow Fund Application
Kappa Delta Pi is honored to serve as the endowment manager for the legacy of the Louise M. Berman Fellows Fund. Dr. Berman is a longtime member of KDP and honored Laureate.
Reaching beyond the KDP membership, Dr. Berman’s ideals support new modes of inquiry that will further the field of education. This respected award, therefore, is open to all graduate students at the master’s and doctorate levels. Applicants are not required to be members of Kappa Delta Pi.
The purpose of the Award is to enable Fellows to conduct research that will:
- Advance the field of education to promote growth and development;
- Promote ethical decision-making in educational settings;
- Foster collaboration on major education initiatives to create an open dialogue among people of all races, ages, genders, and abilities;
- Propose future direction for educational leadership in a range of settings, including Kappa Delta Pi; and
- Creatively explore social justice issues and the study of the human condition.
Award availability is based on annual earned interest from the endowed fund with an average award of $1200–$1800. Applications must be postmarked by August 1 of each year; emailed applications will not be accepted.
Awards cycle: November 1–August 1
Recipient Announced: September 30
Susan B. Perry, Director of Advancement
Kappa Delta Pi