Mobile ApplicationAt #KDPconvo18, prepare to use your mobile device to plan your schedule, interact with attendees, and more! Start exploring and have fun using all the exciting new features this year!
Download the App!
- On your phone, go to the right store. Access the App Store on iOS devices and the Play Store on Android. If you’re using a Blackberry or Windows phone, skip these steps. You’ll need to use the web version of the app found here.
- Install the Convo app. Search for KDP Convocation and, once you’ve found the app, tap either Get, Download or Install.
- Open the Event. After installing, a new icon will appear on your home screen. Click on it to open the app. Once inside the app, go to Current & Upcoming and click Open next to KDP Convocation 2018. You’re ready to start exploring! Check out some of the cool new features mentioned below.
Take Advantage of These Exciting Features
- Update your Profile. Upload your photo, bio and contact information. You can also link up your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts to connect and share right in the app.
- Customize your Schedule. Take a look at the schedule, choose the sessions you would like to attend and click on the + symbol to the right to add them to “My Schedule”. You can also add your own customized appointments by clicking on the + symbol at the top of the schedule page.
- Share your Excitement. Before, during and after Convo, post your favorite moments of Convo to the Event Activity feed in the app and online using #KDPconvo18. Share with fellow Designers your memorable moments, connections and points you plan to take home and put into practice.
- Share your thoughts with Live Polling. Check to see if a session you are attending has a live poll. Answer the question when prompted and see how your thoughts compare to other Designers. Live results will be displayed during the session.
- Join in the session with Live Q&A. Submit questions anonymously to the presenter via a moderator. Questions will be answered as time permits. Live Q&A is available at the bottom of the session information right inside the app.
Photo Scavenger Hunt
- Access the Click Game. After logging in, tap the Click navigation icon.
- Choose a challenge. Tap Profile at the top right. Scroll down to see a list of badges and the challenges you need to complete to earn them. Take them on in any order!
- Submit a photo. Tap the camera icon next to the challenge you want to take. Shoot or upload your masterpiece, then tap Submit. (*Please ask for permission to post before taking a photo with someone.)
- Track the Competition. Tap Leaderboard on the top left. As your fellow attendees begin aiming their devices at everything from museums to macchiatos, a battle for glory will play out here.
- Be a Winner! Keep completing challenges to earn points. The more points you have, the higher your rank. One Grand Prize winner will receive a $750 stipend to next year’s Convo in Norfolk, VA. 10 runners up will receive $20 vouchers for the online KDP Store. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, November 7th. Join us in the fun and be a winner!
Find Ambre Baux, a KDP staff member or stop by the KDP Information Center in the Regency Foyer if you have questions or need help troubleshooting the app.