What to do in Norfolk
- Armed Forces Memorial: This memorial is a truly moving tribute to those who made the ultimate sacrifice. The memorial is located in the newly renovated Town Point Park, nestled between the Elizabeth River and Downtown Norfolk. [insert armed forces memorial picture]
- Self-Guided Tours: Norfolk is a very walkable location with something to see in every direction. Click here for a list of self-guided tours.
- Norfolk Naval Base: Highly recommended by KDP staff, this is a truly fascinating experience! On this tour, you will see aircraft carriers, assault ships, and learn about the history of the naval station.
- Waterside District: Located literally 20 steps from the action of Convo! Waterside District is where the action is, with a collection of great restaurants and live entertainment!
- Meet the Mermaids: Visit the Mermaids that grace the city of Norfolk. As the official symbol of Norfolk, there are more than 20 mermaid castings that local artists have decorated. Each one has its own unique theme. Learn how to spot them here.
- Guide to Downtown Norfolk: Go ahead and download a Guide to Downtown Norfolk. This guide has all the great local eateries, accompanied by a handy map! This guide also includes attractions and off-the-beaten-path things to do.