NEPCReviews & Policy Memos
From the National Education Policy Center
- NEPC Review: Charter Management Organizations 2017
- NEPC Policy Memo: Strong Collaborative Relationships for Strong Community Schools
- NEPC Policy Brief: Law and Order in School and Society: How Discipline and Policing Policies Harm Students of Color, and What We Can Do About It
- Policy Brief: Community Schools: An Evidence-Based Strategy for Equitable School Improvement
- NEPC Review: A New Agenda: Research to Build a Better Teacher Preparation Program
- NEPC Review: Within Our Grasp: Achieving Higher Admissions Standards in Teacher Prep
Tackling Gaps in Access to Strong Teachers: What State Leaders Can Do
The Every Students Succeeds Act (ESSA) directs states and districts to identify equity gaps in students’ access to excellent educators and transformative school leaders. States are encouraged to use Title II funds strategically in order to identify and remedy these gaps. A new report from The Education Trust draws on ESSA documents and state teacher equity plans to provide guidance to state leaders, including some sound advice—but with significant omissions.
Student-Centered State Funding: A How-to Guide for State Policymakers
The policy brief Student Centered State Funding: A How-to Guide for State Policymakers attempts to illustrate and explain to state policymakers how to design a state school funding system whereby all state and local dollars may flow freely, by parental choice, following children to local district, charter or private schools.