Founders Award—Dr. Truman L. Kelley Award
Dr. Truman L. Kelley Award for Scholarship Excellence
This award will be given to an individual who has demonstrated a sustained effort in scholarship excellence within Kappa Delta Pi and the education profession at the local, national and/or global level.
Dr. Truman L. Kelley (1884–1961) was instrumental in the founding of KDP. He was a noted scholar who made an impact on American education through his work in statistics and education. He also had great interest in the sciences and psychology.
- All active members of KDP are eligible.
- Members of KDP Headquarters staff are not eligible.
- Sustained active membership in KDP for at least 10 years.
- Recipient attendance at KDP’s Convocation Closing Banquet to accept award is preferred.
- Two active members or a chapter may nominate an individual.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
The nominee must meet at least 5 of the following 8 selection criteria:
- Receives awards, honors or recognition for scholarly work in the university or education community
- Conducts and publishes timely education research in KDP publications and other publications
- Presents knowledge and research in the education field at KDP conferences and other conferences
- Serves as a reviewer of education publications or abstracts for KDP and other organizations
- Impacts the practice of education through a theory/research base for education curricula
- Promotes education research through citations of scholarly work or research in other publications or presentations
- Serves as a mentor or coach to KDP members and other educators
- Acts as consultant or advisor on research or scholarly work within education field
All submissions must be done through the online entry form. A complete online submission consists of:
- Entry form
- Two-page (maximum) narrative that supports the selection criteria from the submitter(s)
- Nominee Letter of Consent to the nomination
- Three (3) letters of support from supervisors, professional colleagues, peers, KDP members, inside or outside of education field
- Nominee’s résumé or curriculum vitae