Founders Award—Dr. William C. Bagley Award
Dr. William C. Bagley Award for Leadership Excellence
This award is given to an individual who has demonstrated a sustained effort in leadership excellence within Kappa Delta Pi and the education profession at the local, national and/or global level.
Dr. William C. Bagley (1874–1946) is considered the founder of KDP. He was committed to growth and strengthening of KDP throughout his life. He also established the University of Illinois’ School of Education, focusing his career on educating teachers and developing curriculum for the education of teachers.
- All active members of KDP are eligible.
- Members of KDP Headquarters staff are not eligible.
- Sustained active membership in KDP for at least 10 years.
- Recipient attendance at KDP’s Convocation closing Banquet to accept award is preferred.
- Two active members or a chapter may nominate an individual.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
The nominee must meet at least 6 of the following 10 selection criteria:
- Serves in various KDP leadership positions and on KDP committees at the local, regional, or national level
- Holds various leadership positions in other education organizations and served on their committees
- Elected to serve on education national boards, committees, commissions, councils, etc.
- Facilitates and/or participates in leadership initiatives for KDP and other organizations
- Develops and/or implements teacher-leadership programs for KDP and other organizations
- Publishes articles and/or books about leadership in the education field through KDP and/or other publications
- Communicates knowledge and/or research about leadership in the education field at KDP conferences and other conferences
- Advocates for the importance of leadership development in the education field
- Serves as mentor or coach to KDP members and other educators
- Acts as a consultant or advisor for leadership within education field
All submissions must be done through the online entry form. A complete online submission consists of:
- Entry form
- Two-page (maximum) narrative that supports appropriate selection criteria from the submitter(s)
- Nominee Letter of Consent to the nomination
- Three (3) letters of support from supervisors, professional colleagues, peers, KDP members, inside or outside of education field
- Nominee’s résumé or curriculum vitae