Chapter Challenge is KDP’s signature philanthropic initiative. As a nonprofit organization, KDP relies on membership dues and the generosity of donors to fulfill our mission of inspiring and equipping teachers to thrive. We work to elevate teaching as a respected career choice, support teacher preparation programs and pre-K-12 students, and retain the best and brightest in education. Participating in Chapter Challenge is a great opportunity to help KDP cultivate new programming, projects, and chapters.
Be Recognized for Helping Educators
Chapter Challenge is an annual fundraising initiative, during which all participating chapters are recognized for their philanthropic efforts. In the last academic year, more than 150 chapters donated to KDP, helping us live our values and fulfill our mission. You and your chapter can join us in making a difference for fellow educators and chapters nationwide through your support of Chapter Challenge.
- Chapter Challenge: Chapters that raise $150 are acknowledged in the annual report, at Convocation, and on KDP.org. A perpetual plaque is awarded the first year a chapter achieves Chapter Challenge, and year plates are added for each subsequent year of participation. This amount fulfills donation requirements for the ACE award application*.
- Chapter Challenge+: Chapters that raise $250 or more receive distinguished recognition at the traditional Chapter Challenge level plus the following special recognition around Convo:
- Recognition Ribbon for all chapter members in attendance
- Special invitation for the counselor to attend the President’s Reception
See The Impact
In 2021-2022 so far, 90 chapters have raised $8,567.00 for Chapter Challenge! Thank you to all chapters that participated! See your chapter’s progress here.
Take Action Now
- Include a Chapter Challenge event in your activities calendar
- Designate your chapter’s rebate as a Chapter Challenge donation
- Find out how much your chapter has given here
- Submit your donations so KDP National can help track your progress. Chapter Challenge donations must be received by June 30, 2022 to count for 2021-2022.
- Donate online or complete this form and mail it with your gift to:
Kappa Delta Pi
3707 Woodview Trace
Indianapolis, IN 46268
*Because ACE award applications are accepted at the end of a biennium's Convocation (odd years), chapters must donate in both that year and the prior year. Donations and pledge payments made toward restricted funds, such as scholarships and chapter grants, are not included in your chapter’s Chapter Challenge total.
If you have any questions about participating in Chapter Challenge, please contact Ambre Baux at email@example.com
or call 800-284-3167.