Frequently Asked Questions
Where and when is Convo 2023?
We’re glad you asked! Convo will take place November 2-4, 2023 at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch.
Why should I attend?
KDP Convo provides you with two-and-a-half amazing days of networking, learning opportunities, and more—such as exploring The Gateway to the West, St. Louis! You will leave the conference feeling empowered, inspired, and rejuvenated!
Is there an attendance limit?
Yes. KDP Convo 2023 is limited to 750 attendees. This is anticipated to be a sold-out event, so register early to reserve your spot.
What is the cost to attend?
All costs, including hotel and travel, considered we recommend budgeting approximately $1,000 to attend Convo 2023. Visit the Registration page for costs to attend.
What meals and snacks are included with registration?
A full conference registration includes the following food and beverage functions:
- Thursday (Nov 2) – Welcome Gathering and Game Night Snacks
- Friday (Nov 3) – Lunch and 2 refreshment breaks (morning and afternoon)
- Saturday (Nov 4) – Breakfast
Where can I submit a presentation proposal?
The deadline for proposal submissions is March 15, 2023. Notification of acceptance will go out in late April or early May.
When should I register?
Now! You’ll want to register before September 1 to ensure you receive the lowest rate. However, online registration will be open until October 6. After that date, you must register onsite in St. Louis, MO.
What is the dress code?
We encourage Convo attendees to adhere by the following dress code, as they are comfortable:
- Thursday (Nov. 2): Wear your KDP chapter gear!
- Friday (Nov. 3): Business casual attire (bring a sweater because meeting rooms may be chilly)
- Saturday (Nov. 4): Wear your KDP Convo 2023 t-shirt!
What is the cost for a guest room?
You can stay at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch for $169 per night (plus tax). Be sure to reserve your room before Thursday, October 12 to secure this rate!
Is there transportation provided from the airport to the hotel?
Transportation from the airport to the hotel is on your own. You can use the resources on the Hotel & Travel page to find your way!
Will there be any free time at Convo?
Yes! We want you to enjoy your experience at Convo as much as possible, and that includes seeing the city! The conference is located in a fantastic area, and we’ve blocked off Thursday and Friday evening as well as Saturday afternoon for you to explore St. Louis or engage in game nights at your leisure. Convo ends by Noon on Saturday, so you can sightsee Saturday afternoon or all day on Sunday.
Can I be a conference or exhibitor?
We’d love to partner with you to put on the premier conference for future teachers. Visit the Partner with KDP page to learn more. Contact Samantha Tarlton Procento by email with any questions.
Do I have to wear a mask?
KDP will follow all recommended local, state, and federal protocols in place at the time of this event to maintain maximum social responsibility. All protocols in place will be communicated to attendees in advance of the event and strictly enforced throughout the event. Prior to arriving onsite, all attendees and speakers will be required to sign a liability waiver acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19, or its variants, exists in any public space where people are present and agreeing not to hold Kappa Delta Pi, Inc. liable for any illness or injury.
- All cancellations must be received via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations received prior to September 1, 2023 at 11:59 pm ET will receive a full refund, minus a $50 administrative fee.
- Cancellations received after September 1, 2023 at 11:59 pm ET will not receive a refund—no exceptions for Covid or any other reason.
- If you are unable to attend, you may make a one-time transfer to another person in your registration category at no additional charge.
My question isn’t listed. Who should I contact?
Please send your question to the KDP National Office by email or by calling 800-284-3167.